The 11-day retreat features Ayahuasca ceremonies and San Pedro journeys, the practices for body and mind, the sharing and various excursions to Andean sites in the Sacred Valley and Cusco. During this retreat there are two (2) San Pedro journeys and three (3) Ayahuasca ceremonies.
The first part of the Retreat is in the Machu Picchu Sanctuary where will have our first San Pedro and Ayahuasca ceremonies under the guidance of Andean medicine man Juan de Dios. During the free time participants can enjoy the quiet of the Sacred Valley environment or go on walks. We will also visit the Pisac Intiwatana (Sun harness) temple and, weather permitting, go on a day excursion/hike to the mountain lakes Quinsa Kocha. After a week of three Ayahuasca ceremonies, the retreat is concluded with the second San Pedro journey.
Ayahuasca and San Pedro ceremonies are guided in a traditional way, respecting Ayahuasca lineage practices, as well as applying the methods of contemporary Ayahuasca traditions. The Retreat joins together various practices and integration methods (mindfulness and insight meditation, contemplation, Yoga, breathing practices, discussion and sharing circles) as well as some excursions. There’s also plenty of free time that can be used for resting, walking and reflecting on the experience.
Healing and detox
The ceremonies with Ayahuasca and San Pedro provide a deep cleanse on all layers of our being, facilitating a physical purge, cleansing of the mental and energetic aspects of our being. The introspective journeys with the teacher plants guide through emotional processes provoking a deeper inner awakening.
Additionally there is an option to do a cleanse with the traditional Kambô frog medicine, of Brazilian Amazon origins, which is know to be highly efficient in boosting the immune system, detoxing the liver, gallbladder and helping with many other ailments, including some that the modern medicine has turned its back on. Read articles in New York Times and related article on the BBC News website.
Most of the meals during the retreat are prepared with care and served on site. During the retreat participants can take super-food smoothies, detox from pollutants and heavy metal residues, reinforcing the health in general, based on your needs described through registration.
Joining the morning meditation and breathing practices are a wonderful addition to the whole process of healing.
Ayahuasca and San Pedro ceremonies facilitate a deeper connection with the senses, thoughts, and spirit through a process of cleansing, insights and guidance in a ritual setting.
The main focus of our work with Ayahuasca and San Pedro is to learn to connect the experiences from the ceremonies and meditation with one’s life situation. It’s easy to absorb what the plants say to us, but only practical application of those experiences make a real change in our lives. Thus everyone is encouraged to share and practice in the group and/or individually to get the most out of the retreat.
Sound and rhythm
Accommodation and facilities
The main part of the retreat is held in the rural areas of the Sacred Valley of Incas (2950 m. / 9680 ft.) in either Pisaq village. Sacred Valley is located nearby the city of Cusco (3300 m. / 10820 ft.) accessible by 1h 10min flight or about 20-hour bus trip from Lima (follow the links given below to check the airfares). Cusco is the main city of the Andean region of the same name; it’s the last Andean region on the East of Peru, neighboring with the Amazon district of Madre de Dios. Cusco, with its surrounding sacred valley, is the most visited region in Peru and is an important part of cultural heritage.
Workshop accommodations in the Sacred Valley are offered by Melissa-Wasi, a guest house, built by following the traditional canons of Andean mud-and-eucalyptus architecture. They provide all the facilities for a comfortable and unforgettable stay, surrounded by crop fields and Apus (sacred mountains). Many meals are served in Melissa Wasi’s restaurant, “Trattoria Escondida,” as well as in local restaurants of the Sacred Valley; all of the Ayahuasca ceremonies and most of the activities are done outside the guest houses in a separate building called a maloca (“temple”).
12-day retreat detailed info
- Length: 12 days
- Accommodation: Melissa Wasi guest house; Inti Wasi in Machu Picchu; double rooms (supplement for a single room)
- Food: variety of meals from Andean cuisine and delicious vegetarian options
- Included: All ground transport with airport transfer, all meals and accommodation, 3 Ayahuasca ceremonies, 2 San Pedro ceremonies, guides and practices.
- Not included: International flights to Peru, flight to/from Cusco, tips and personal expenses.
- Cost: 2050 USD
- Arrival to: Cusco (airport code CUZ)
- Flights: 1) Lan Peru, 2) Star PERU, 3) Peruvian Airlines, 4) TACA
- Arrival to Cusco trip to Machu Picchu, opening of the retreat
- Visit to Macchu Picchu sanctuary, San Pedro ceremony
- Walk to Mandora waterfalls
- Train to the Sacred Valley, Ayahuasca ceremony (night)
- Market visit, Satsang sharing
- Excursion Intiwatana Sun temple Ayahuasca ceremony (night)
- Excursion to Maras and Moray, Satsang Sharing
- Excursion to Chawaytiri community, Ayahuasca ceremony (night)
- Jacuzzi & sauna, Satsang Sharing
- San Pedro ceremony-walk (day)
- Visit to condor refuge, Cusco day, retreat closing dinner
- light summer clothes for warm weather – shorts, t-shirts, pants, swimming suit
- wind jacket (water resistant with hood), long fast-drying pants
- rain poncho
- a sun hat
- trekking shoes or boots, sandals
- personal water bottle to refill
- sun cream (40+)
- (optional) your favourite book
- a sweater (for Andes)
page 1 of 3