The 11-day retreat features Ayahuasca ceremonies and San Pedro journeys, the practices for body and mind, the sharing and various excursions to Andean sites in the Sacred Valley and Cusco. During this retreat there are two (2) San Pedro journeys and three (3) Ayahuasca ceremonies. The first part of the Retreat is in the Machu Picchu Sanctuary where will have our first San Pedro and Ayahuasca ceremonies under the guidance of Andean medicine man Juan de Dios. During the free time participants can enjoy the quiet of the Sacred Valley environment or go on walks. We will also visit the Pisac Intiwatana (Sun harness) temple and, weather permitting, go on a day excursion/hike to the mountain lakes Quinsa Kocha. After a week of three Ayahuasca ceremonies, the retreat is concluded with the second San Pedro journey. Ayahuasca and San Pedro ceremonies are guided in a traditional way, respecting Ayahuasca lineage practices, as well as applying the methods of contemporary Ayahuasca traditions. The Retreat joins together various practices and integration methods (mindfulness and insight meditation, contemplation, Yoga, breathing practices, discussion and sharing circles) as well as some excursions. There’s also plenty of free time that can be used for resting, walking and reflecting on the experience.
Healing and detox
The ceremonies with Ayahuasca and San Pedro provide a deep cleanse on all layers of our being, facilitating a physical purge, cleansing of the mental and energetic aspects of our being. The introspective journeys with the teacher plants guide through emotional processes provoking a deeper inner awakening. Additionally there is an option to do a cleanse with the traditional Kambô frog medicine, of Brazilian Amazon origins, which is know to be highly efficient in boosting the immune system, detoxing the liver, gallbladder and helping with many other ailments, including some that the modern medicine has turned its back on. Read articles in New York Times and related article on the BBC News website. Most of the meals during the retreat are prepared with care and served on site. During the retreat participants can take super-food smoothies, detox from pollutants and heavy metal residues, reinforcing the health in general, based on your needs described through registration. Joining the morning meditation and breathing practices are a wonderful addition to the whole process of healing.
Ayahuasca and San Pedro ceremonies facilitate a deeper connection with the senses, thoughts, and spirit through a process of cleansing, insights and guidance in a ritual setting. The main focus of our work with Ayahuasca and San Pedro is to learn to connect the experiences from the ceremonies and meditation with one’s life situation. It’s easy to absorb what the plants say to us, but only practical application of those experiences make a real change in our lives. Thus everyone is encouraged to share and practice in the group and/or individually to get the most out of the retreat.
Sound and rhythm
Accommodation and facilities
- Length: 11 days
- Accommodation: Melissa Wasi guest house; Inti Wasi in Machu Picchu; double rooms (supplement for a single room)
- Food: variety of meals from Andean cuisine and delicious vegetarian options
- Included: All ground transport with airport transfer, all meals and accommodation, 3 Ayahuasca ceremonies, 2 San Pedro ceremonies, guides and practices.
- Not included: International flights to Peru, flight to/from Cusco, tips and personal expenses.
- Cost: 2000 USD
- Arrival to: Cusco (airport code CUZ)
- Flights: 1) Lan Peru, 2) Star PERU, 3) Peruvian Airlines, 4) TACA
- Day 1: Meeting in Cusco, trip to Machu Picchu village
- Day 2: Visit to Macchu Picchu sanctuary, San Pedro ceremony
- Day 3: Walk to Mandora waterfalls, Ayahuasca ceremony
- Day 4: Visit to thermal springs, sharing
- Day 5: Trip to Sacred Valley, Pisac market visit, music circle
- Day 6: Visit to Intiwatana Sun temple, Ayahuasca ceremony
- Day 7: Excursion to Maras and Moray, sharing
- Day 8: Excursion to Chawaytiri community, Ayahuasca ceremony
- Day 9: Music circle, jacuzzi/sauna, sharing
- Day 10: San Pedro ceremony, retreat closing
- Day 11: Visit to condors’ refuge, departure,
Photos from past retreats
page 1 of 3