An Amazon Ayahuasca and San Pedro Retreat held in its home land - Peruvian Amazon jungle - is a journey into the depths of inner shadow and light, to re-evaluate the paths and possibilities, reclaim one's energy and celebrate the beauty and mistery. While the power of jungle render the energies of surrounding medicinal and teacher plants more accessible, the comfort of a jungle lodge contributes to a safe setting for opening to the work with Ayahuasca - a powerful medicine for the soul.
Upcoming dates: Jan 19-28, 2017
Location: "Corto Maltes Amazonia" lodge, Puerto Maldonado, Machu Picchu
Duration: 10 days
Included: three (3) Ayahuasca and one (1) San Pedro ceremony, group activities, ground transport, meals, accommodation (see Itinerary below)
During the retreat we hold three Ayahuasca ritual ceremonies (the 1st, 3rd and the 5th night) and one San Pedro ceremony (Machu Picchu) and in a traditional but comfortable ritual setting, inside a building called maloca (temple), screened from the insects.
Ayahuasca ceremonies are conduced in traditional way, during the night. During the week the group goes on a few excursions and near-by walks. There’s also plenty of free time periods that can be used for resting, walking and reflection. Corto Maltes offers guided walks in the forrest surrounding the lodge. On the hike we will see a variety of trees and medicinal plants. We will learn how they are used in local Amazon traditions. During the week we visit the Tambopata natural reserve at the lake Sandoval, excursion to Ese Eja indigenous community and various walking excursions in the rain forest near the lodge (depending from the season).
Healing and detox
The ceremonies with Ayahuasca provide a deep cleanse on all layers of our being, facilitating a physical purge, cleansing of the mental and energetic aspects of our being. The introspective journeys with the teacher plants guide through emotional processes provoking a deeper inner awakening. The meals during the retreat are prepared with care and served on site. Participating in the morning physical exercises and breathing practices are a wonderful addition to the whole cleansing process.
Ayahuasca ceremonies facilitate a deeper connection with the senses, thoughts, and spirit through a process of cleansing, insights and guidance in a ritual setting. The main focus of our work with Ayahuasca is to learn to connect the experiences from the ceremonies and meditation with one's life situation. It's easy to absorb what the plants say to us, but only practical application of those experiences make a real change in our lives. Thus everyone is encouraged to share and practice in the group and/or individually to get the most out of the retreat.
Accommodation and facilities
The retreat unfolds in Corto Maltes Amazonia lodge, near the jungle town of Puerto Maldonado, accessible by 90min flight from Lima or 40min flight from Cusco (see details below). P.Maldonado is a regional center for Madre de Dios region, located in the south-east of the Peruvian Amazon. Upon arrival you are picked-up in the airport and then transferred to the jungle lodge by a boat, 40min drive down by Madre de Dios river . The lodge is located on a beautiful and peaceful place in the rain forest, surrounded by the nature of Amazon jungle. After a refreshing welcome drink and light lunch, everybody receives accommodations in a comfortable double bed bungalows, with private bathrooms, 24h hot and cold showers, screened by a mosquito net. The lodge offers healthy vegetarian meals, using fresh products from the jungle.
The conclusion of this Ayahuasca and San Pedro Retreat is a trip to Machu Picchu. During three days the group visits Machu Picchu Sanctuary site (2nd day) under the guidance of Andean medicine man Juan De Dios (Don Kucho). We will have one San Pedro ceremony during the full day visit to the sanctuary.
On a 3rd day we go on a walk to Mandora waterfalls, as a part of visit to Mandora botanical garden, located within 40min walking distance from the village.
A visit to Machu Picchu village thermal springs is an option during our stay.
The closing of the retreat and departure is on the morning of 9th day with a transfer to the Sacred Valley or Cusco.
- Length: 10 days
- Accommodation: "Corto Maltes Amazonia" lodge and Inti Wasi in Machu Picchu, double rooms (simple upon request)
- Food: variety of vegetarian meals from Peruvian cuisine
- Included: All ground transport with airport transfer, all meals and accommodation, 3 Ayahuasca and 1 San Pedro ceremonies, guides and excursions
- Not included: International flights to Peru, flight to/from Puerto Maldonado, tips and personal expenses
- Cost: 1800 USD
- Arrival to: Puerto Maldonado (PEM) and Cusco (CUZ)
- Flights: 1) LATAM Airlines, 2) Star PERU, 3) Peruvian Airlines, 4) Avianca
- Flight plan: Day 1 - morning arrival to Puerto Maldonado, Day 7 - morning arrival to Cusco, Day 9 - departure. We can help you to arrange the flights, please send us e-mail us for the details.
- Day 1: Arrival to P.Maldonado and to the lodge, introduction, Ayahuasca ceremony
- Day 2:Rest, short walk in the rainforest, group sharing
- Day 3:Hike to Lake Sandoval; Ayahuasca ceremony
- Day 4:Group sharing and rest
- Day 5:Excursion, Ayahuasca ceremony
- Day 6:Rest, excursion, group sharing
- Day 7:Flight to Cusco and trip to Machu Picchu village
- Day 8:Visit to Machu Picchu sanctuary and San Pedro ceremony
- Day 9:Hike to Mandora botanical garden and waterfall
- Day 10:Departure to Cusco or Sacred Valley